Logistics Coordinator in Addison, Illinois
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Based in: Addison, IL
Beltmann Integrated Logistics, a leading provider of third party logistics services, seeks a dynamic individual for a Logistics Coordinator position. This individual will be responsible for managing the scheduling, coordination of resources, and successful execution of third party logistics activities. This position will work directly with customers, field offices, field crews, and transportation carriers to meet customer expectations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage orders for a specified region of the United States and/or a specified customer.
- Communicate with customers to verify requested dates, site information, and special requirements.
- Determine resources needed for successful project completion such as number of personnel, size of truck, and materials needed.
- Assign and manage scheduled dates of orders with field offices.
- Effectively communicate requirements to field offices and crews.
- Provide timely reports to the customer and management.
- Create work orders and assign to field offices.
- Manage paperwork collection from the field to perform data entry of order information into operating system.
- Collect and manage billing information for orders.
- Work closely with field offices to ensure they are following set customer guidelines, adhering to contracts, and meeting expectations.
- Need availability to take order updates after hours from the field.
- 3 to 5 years customer relations, logistics, distribution, or transportation experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, BA/BS preferred
- Strong customer service, negotiation, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.